Lead Paint Inspections, Risk Assessment and Consulting

Lead-based paint is a Neurotoxin.  In or around one’s home it is a major source of lead poisoning.   Children under 7 years old are the population that is most likely to be poisoned.  That is because they are most likely to put in appropriate objects in their mouths and because their bodies absorb minerals like and including lead more easily than do others.   It only takes a very small amount to poison and thus affect a child for the remainder of their lives.

The affects are insidious. Prevention is simple.

Learn how to prevent your child from being poisoned.

If your home was built before 1978 it may contain lead-based paint. If it is located in the District of Columbia or in the State of Maryland and it is a rental property, then you are required to have the property cleared and to provide a copy of the clearance to your tenant unless you have a document certifying that your property is Lead Free. In that case you only have to provide your tenant with a copy of that proof.

It is possible that you may have obtained a Limited Lead Free Certification in Maryland. If you have that certification you are still required to have the exterior inspected once every two years.

If your home is not a rental property you are not required to have your property inspected unless you have a day care, a foster child under 7 years old or a foster child.

Have your home inspected.

Request a Lead Paint Inspection

Fields marked with an * are required